Working with JSON data from Python
This course will carefully examine serializing Python objects to JSON, and its reverse, deserializing JSON to Python objects. The default JSON encoder is sufficient to serialize some Python objects; we will explain in depth when a custom encoder is needed and how to build one. Likewise, the course will also cover building a custom decoder.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify seven basic data types that closely map between Python and JSON
- Serialize basic Python types to JSON
- Deserialize basic JSON types to Python objects
- Write a custom JSON encoder to serialize a Python object to JSON
- Write a custom JSON decoder to deserialize JSON to a Python object