GK6457A Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell (10961)
In this course, you will gain the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell for administering and automating the administration of your Windows-based servers. You will focus on primary Windows PowerShell command line features and techniques. You will gain prerequisite skills that support different Microsoft products. Learn to execute and monitor scripts more efficiently with more robust session connectivity, workflow capabilities, improved job scheduling, and Windows PowerShell Web Access.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product M10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell
- Work with the Pipeline
- How the Pipeline works
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives
- Format output
- Use Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Common Information Model (CIM)
- Prepare for scripting
- Moving from a command to a script to a module
- Administer remote computers
- Put the various Windows PowerShell components together
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs
- Use advanced PowerShell techniques and profiles