Advanced Topics in C#
This course explores some of the more advanced features of the C# language. You will learn how attributes work and when they are most useful. You will write an extensible program, one in which you can plug in additional functionality after the application is already deployed. You will be able to explain the purpose of the Dispose method and its relationship to a class finalizer. The course wraps up with a series of activities to show you the power of delegates, the beauty of lambda expressions, and the simplicity of declaring your own events.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how an attribute changes the code’s behavior.
- Build an extensible application with reflection.
- Author a wrapper for an unmanaged resource.
- Pass one method as a parameter into another method.
- Simplify verbose code with more succinct lambda expressions.
- Use a custom delegate to declare a public event.