Top 10 Python Language Concepts
Entry and midlevel developers are sometimes surprised by the behavior of code. Even more frequently, code is inefficient or doesn't respect the DRY (don't repeat yourself) principle. Topics in this course aim to help the developer understand what's going on “under the hood” and thereby write efficient, reusable code.
Writing efficient code helps to reduce resources consumed while your software is executing and enhances your user’s experience. By making code reusable, your development team can also develop faster.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Take advantage of Python syntax to write simpler, more robust code
- Modify the behavior of functions and classes without touching existing code
- Create custom iterators and generators and fully understand the concept of iteration
- Understand Python's class system and how to deal with multiple inheritance
- Leverage the full range of dictionary functionality
- Catch runtime errors effectively with exception handling
- Develop an appreciation for idiomatic, "Pythonic" code