ASP.NET Core Razor Deep Dive
ASP.NET Core MVC utilizes the Razor view engine to create view templates. With this new version, the team at Microsoft have provided many exciting new features, such as Tag Helpers and view components, to make our development experience better than it has ever been.
In this course, you will get an in-depth exploration of the Razor View Engine and the new features introduced in ASP.NET Core. We will start off by discussing the basics of Razor templating. You'll learn about utilizing layouts to provide a consistent look and feel for your application, as well as layout inheritance to reduce duplicated markup. Tag Helpers are an exciting new feature in Razor that allow you to create templates that are much more readable than was possible previously. We'll explore the built-in Tag Helpers, as well as how to create your own custom Tag Helpers to help componentize your templates. View components are another welcome new feature that improve upon existing features in Razor to provide components that can have their own business logic.
This course will provide you with the deep knowledge of Razor necessary to truly be a templating guru.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Build a page using the Razor templating syntax
- Create layout files with multiple sections
- Specify a default layout file for an entire application
- Specify a layout file for an individual view
- Utilize tag helpers and Dependency Injection to build forms that post data to a controller action
- Create custom tag helpers
- Utilize custom tag helpers in a Razor view
- Create View Components with parameters
- Pass parameters to a View Component