IBM Cognos Report Studio Fundamentals
IBM's Cognos Business Intelligence is a powerful suite of web-based analytics tools designed to help you zero in on the information you need, and turn it into a compelling picture of your data. From business intelligence to financial performance and strategy management, Cognos software will empower your organization to make the best possible decisions with the reports you've created.
One key element of the Cognos suite is Report Studio, which is used to create management reports that are customized to your needs. In this course, you will learn report-building techniques using relational data models, and methods of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports. Hands-on labs illustrate key concepts while you learn how to use the product. Along the way, you'll also check your knowledge by answering short questions.
This course includes IBM copyrighted material, used by permission, modified by Global Knowledge Training. Global Knowledge Training is responsible for the information in the modifications.
This course is a derivative of IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (v10.2) and IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (v10.2.2).
IBM liability and warranties (IP ownership and copyright) apply only to original IBM content. IBM is not liable, nor does IBM provide warranties for editorial changes or addition of new content created by Global Knowledge Training.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explore Report Studio, different report types (list, crosstab, chart, map)
- Create and format reports using grouping, headers, footers, and other formatting options
- Focus reports by filtering data and using prompts
- Add value to your reports using calculations and additional report building techniques
- Enhance reports with advanced formatting and exceptional data highlighting
- Set up drill-through access and create drill-through reports