GK4395A Querying Data with Transact-SQL (20761_C)
This course is designed to introduce students to Transact-SQL. It is designed in such a way that the first part of the content can be taught as a course to students requiring the knowledge for other courses in the SQL Server curriculum. The remaining content focuses on the skills required to take exam 70-761.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server.
- Describe T-SQL, sets, and predicate logic.
- Write a single table SELECT statement.
- Write a multi-table SELECT statement.
- Write SELECT statements with filtering and sorting.
- Describe how SQL Server uses data types.
- Write DML statements.
- Write queries that use built-in functions.
- Write queries that aggregate data.
- Write subqueries.
- Create and implement views and table-valued functions.
- Use set operators to combine query results.
- Write queries that use window ranking, offset, and aggregate functions.
- Transform data by implementing pivot, unpivot, rollup and cube.
- Create and implement stored procedures.
- Add programming constructs such as variables, conditions, and loops to T-SQL code